Need Help? View Product Cross Reference
QUIK MUD® D-50
QUIK MUD D-50 liquid polymer dispersion is a partially-hydrolyzed polyacrylamide/polyacrylate (PHPA) copolymer used primarily as a viscosifier and borehole stabilizer to prevent reactive shale and clay from swelling and sloughing.
QUIK MUD D-50 liquid polymer dispersion can be used to provide friction reduction, inhibition and lubricity in freshwater, KCl and saltwater-based drilling fluids.
- Viscosity development in fresh water drilling fluids
- Clay and shale stabilization to prevent swelling and/or dispersion
- Reduce rotational torque and circulating pressure
- Promotes enhancement of air-foam system capabilities
- Enhances core recovery in continuous wireline coring operations
- NSF/ANSI/CAN Standard 60 certified
- Can be mixed easily with minimum shear in fresh water
- Efficient and cost effective – small amounts produce desired results
- Can be broken down chemically with bleach (sodium hypochlorite)
- Compatible with other Baroid drilling fluid additives, added in proper sequence